Deloro’s metallic wear- and corrosion protection solutions support our customers to strive for a sustainable and responsible use of resources. For 50 years, Deloro’s employees in Koblenz have been working on solutions and products that are not commonplace. Thanks to their passion and our customers trust we make our contribution in terms of innovation and efficiency in numerous and various industries and with partners all over the world!
As a supplier and manufacturer of innovative, metallic wear protection solutions based on cobalt, nickel, and iron-based alloys as casted, forged, or coated components, Deloro can review a long company history:
After the Deloro Stellite Group (the name was derived from the gold mining area “Deloro” in Canada and the cobalt based hard alloy called “Stellite” which was patented around 1868) had already been active in the USA since 1907 and later in England as a leading company in the field of wear technology, the advance into the then already very important industrial market in Germany began in 1972. First with the establishment of a sales location in the Ruhr area and finally with production in the Carl-Später-Straße in Koblenz. The Sales team, made up of 5 members, laid the foundation for building up the Deloro brand in Germany and Central Europe to become an important supplier of wear protection solutions.
Supply bottlenecks and delays of raw materials and materials on the world market awakened the need to establish a production site in Germany as early as the 1970s. This decision marked the birth of Deloro Stellite GmbH.
The excellent transport links to the motorway network and central location for customers from all over Germany and the world made Koblenz an attractive production location as early as 1972. This central location, coupled with qualified employees and reliable engineering – and production services, gradually led to the relocation of the production focus from England to Germany. These strengths have not changed to this day, which is why Koblenz will always form the core of our business activities as a production location.
Thanks to continued growth, the company moved to its current location in the industrial area of Koblenz-Kesselheim in 1984, which was steadily expanded in terms of production in the areas of welding, casting and investment casting over the following 30 years. With the acquisition of Hettiger Welding in 1999, the product portfolio was expanded to include plant engineering.
Expansion into other European countries followed in 2008: Deloro Coatings at the Bellusco site (Milan, Italy).
The company name „Deloro Wear Solutions" (DWS) has been used by the company since the takeover by Madison Industries on December 1st, 2015. Today, DWS employs more than 300 people in Koblenz as a production site and serves as the Headquarters for the European sites with a further 200 employees.
With the sale of the Deloro Group in 2022 to a US-American entrepreneurial family whose professional roots and passion also lie in metal processing, Deloro was able to set the course for future-oriented growth.
Deloro and its team stand for quality, reliability, consistency, and innovation and help processes achieve the necessary efficiency and sustainability. The Deloro team has been pursuing this goal with great passion for our products and services for over 50 years, and at the same time it is the basis for a future in which responsible and far-sighted business practices will be essential.
You have not had any contact with Deloro so far? Surely you were just not aware of it because Deloro works at the core of many everyday manufacturing processes and ensures that they run smoothly. Whether it’s a transporter, a dental prosthesis, a can lid, ketchup production, powerplant valves or industrial knives…. You would notice very quickly, if Deloro „failed to deliver“.
Curious? Visit our website www.deloro.com and follow us on LikedIn
Let yourself be inspired by our vision. Our Vision? „Deloro at the core“